A glass of chilled sugarcane juice not only quenches our thirst but also invigorates us. Given its popularity to beat the heat, it is no surprise that India is one of the leading producers of sugarcane. It is called by many different names depending on the local language, but the humble sugarcane brings peace to every parched soul. Loaded with abundant carbohydrates, proteins, minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and potassium, and vitamins A, B-complex, and C, sugarcane juice also keeps you in good shape.
Belonging to a grass family, sugarcane is easy to grow anywhere and is available at very cheap prices. Even though it is native to Papua New Guinea, it has become a part of the crop production of more than half of the world, including Asia and America. You can either eat pieces of sugarcane or drink a glass of sugarcane juice topped with mint, ginger, and black rock salt.
Interesting Sugarcane Facts
- Sugarcane has no fats. It is, in fact, a 100% natural drink. It has about 30 grams of natural sugar. Hence, you do not have to add extra sugar for sweetness.
- It is a grass plant of the genus saccharum and has 36 varieties.
- In 1493, Christopher Columbus took sugarcane to the Carribean to plant it there and thus, the cultivation of sugarcane spread across the world.
- A mature sugarcane plant can grow up to 30 feet tall. A single sugarcane plant can take 9-24 months to become mature, depending on the climate.
- Sugar extracted from sugarcane juice contains only 15 calories.
- Sugarcane juice is a mix of sucrose, fructose, and many other glucose varieties. Hence, it is sweet to taste.
- An 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any additives carries a total of 180 calories, which is quite low.
- Raw sugarcane juice contains a total of 13 grams of dietary fiber per serving, which is essential in carrying out a lot of body functions.
Why Sugarcane Juice Is Absolutely Amazing
- Instant Energy Booster
- Ensures Safe Pregnancy
- Prevents Bad Breath And Tooth Decay
- Facilitates Development Of Bones And Teeth
- Cures Febrile Disorders
- Aids Liver Functioning
- Acts As A Digestive Tonic
- Combats Cancer
- Aids People Suffering From Diabetes
- Treats Sore Throat
- Heals Wounds
- Strengthens Body Organs
- Prevents DNA Damage
- Aids Weight Loss
- Eliminates Toxins From Our Body
- Beneficial In Treating UTI
- Good For Nail Health
- Increases Muscle Power
- Reduces Fever
- Treats Acidity
- Boosts Immunity…. Hope you enjoy reading:)more sugarcene benefits and recipes are next 😇💞😚have a good day🍭🌈💐🍫👍📷